Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Hit a Moose!

We had some excitement last night. On the way to a kids activity in town, a moose trotted out in front of us (the whole family). I got on the brakes hard and kept the van straight, but we hit her pretty solid. It came up on the hood a then skidded 15' into the ditch on its butt.


Fortunately we were not hurt. The older boy saw it happen and said it took his breath "half away".


As for the damage to the van...





Dang it!!!

She bent bent my fender where antennae mounts! (see the ellipse)

And I'm not too happy about those hairs in the lock nut either...

Actually the Trooper was impressed that there was so little damage to the vehicle.

As for the moose...


I bet her butt hurts this morning.

1 comment:

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

I'll bet there were moose nuggets all over the place.

glad everyone is ok

will the insurance cover those trapped moose hairs?