Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Now that's some good shootin!

This weekend I took my older boy to a gun show. It was pretty lame. Lots of empty booths. I only found one gun I was interested in, and it was out of my price range. I can't believe how much people want for junk sometimes.


It wasn't a total loss. There was booth that would let you shoot airguns on a little range. This is my target























You may notice that it is sideways, because that is how they mounted it at the range. 5 shots decent group. This was off hand (no rest).






This was my boy!
























It's a little hard to see but there is a hole at the top of the target. I tried to explain a "sight picture" to him. When his first shot missed by 5' I though he might not quite understand. His second shot missed by about 10". I looked through the sights and lined it up and then had him look, to try and show what it should look like. He missed the paper just a bit high. For his fourth shot I tried to steady the gun and he punched that high hole in the paper. For his last shot I lined up the sights and used my hand to hold the butt in position ( there was a sand bag for the forstock). He hit the bull. Some may say that was cheating, but I think I showed him a good sight picture, and he had something to brag about and feel good about.

1 comment:

mama said...

He's quite the son of a gun. ;)