Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Got One Today!

Unfortunately I did not get go help recover this one as I was working. What did I say about "Happiness is..."?

Some friends of mine got his one while I was at work. I don't normally leave the hide for 2 reasons: one, it helps insulate the meat cools slower keeping it in the temperature danger zone longer; second, you end up with more hair on the meat. They are not doing wrong, just different (and at these temps the meat cools pretty quick anyway).



These ribs look really nice and clean, I like that because I don't like to use water to clean the meat, but on ribs its the only way. I'll use my saw to cut those into 6" pieces and they should be ready to package.




A couple quarters hanging. I have a bar in my shop to hang meat on. The other pieces on the floor are on clean cardboard and getting next. The ribs on the cutting block are OK right where they are.






The closest piece is the pelvis and the picture looks ugly, but in person the cuts are clean and neat and no sign of bloodshot or damage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooohh, nothing like pictures of bloody chunks of meat to make me really hungry.